06.06.2022 – 15.06.2022
Arrival to Paris…
From Italy, Serbia, Macedonia, Estonia
Participants will arrive either by train or airplane on the 06/06 and they need to follow the following rules on entering the country:
As per current national indications these are the requirements for entering metropolitan France (Paris).
As per current national indications these are the requirements for entering overseas France (Guadeloupe).
You will need a valid passport or ID card to be able to fly. Participants from Macedonia and Serbia can travel only with a valid passport, that is valid for more than 6 months.
Please note: the requirements for entering overseas and metropolitan France vary, so please read attentively and reach to the organizers if there is anything unclear.
For overseas France, these are the valid provisions: Travel to and from all overseas territories is only possible if you have compelling reasons for travel, with the exception of those who are fully vaccinated.
Airline information: Everyone travelling to France by plane needs to fill this form. Please note you may not be allowed to board your flight to France without this form. With Air Caraibes you have 1 checked luggage (up to 20kg) and 1 hand luggage (up to 12kg), but it needs to be a backpack. Small trolleys won’t be accepted on board, but they can be checked in the hold, for all those participants travelling with only hand luggage.
NB: Please ensure that your insurance cover you in case of positivity, as the organizers cannot be held liable for this.
On the day of departure (07/06), breakfast is covered for everyone, starting at 04 AM. We ask you to be at the Terminal 4 of Orly Airport (where Air Caraibes usually leaves from) at max 8 AM. Your hotel is 300m walking distance from the terminal. In the morning please check the terminal and in case Air Caraibes has changed it, adjust accordingly. Your group leaders will send you your tickets, so please try and check-in online wherever possible. Air Caraibes has self check in (no agent) on the airport. For all those coming from Charles de Gaulle, please follow these instructions to reach Orly. We can reimburse only transfer with public transport on 06/06 exclusively. We won’t be able to reimburse any other costs. If you have more questions please reach out to your group leader.
From all those coming from Gare de Lyon or downtown, please use google maps or waze on how to reach the hotel.
We have booked for your stay in Paris triple rooms (rooming list has already been sent to the hotel) at:
Ibis Budget Paris Coeur d’Orly Airport
1, avenue de l’Union 94310 Orly Parking situé rue Elise Déroche Orly
Check-in from 12:00 – Check out up to 12:00
Tel: +33 892 70 02 10
Contact email: H6917@ACCOR.COM
Get directions using your favorite apps!
Arrival to Guadeloupe…
You are expected to arrive in Guadeloupe (Pointe a Pitre International Airport) on the Air Caraibes flight TX 540 at 13h 25 local time (19h25 Paris time). Guadeloupe is 6h behind metropolitan France.
For all those of you who are having EU sim cards, your plan will be valid as it is in your home country. Pay attention not to connect to the networks from the nearby islands, as then an extra EU roaming will be activated. Inside the terminal there is free wireless.
Once out from the airplane you will go through custom and passport/ID card and vaccine/test control. Ensure that you have all the papers that are required for entrance, inclusive of all your vaccination documents, if you don’t have the EU Green Pass.
The last step is to pick up your luggage and get out of the terminal building, where Ride In 971 Team Members will organize your transfer to the Ride In Youth Center. We are expecting that you all will be out at around 15h30 and then in the Youth Center at around 17h approximately. The Youth Center is 20km from the Airport, but expect heavy traffic.
KEEP YOUR BOARDING PASSES from all flights you did to reach Guadeloupe.
In Guadeloupe-where you will stay?
Guadeloupe, a French overseas region, is an island group in the southern Caribbean Sea. Resembling a butterfly, its 2 largest islands are separated by the Salée River. Hilly Grande-Terre Island has long beaches and sugarcane fields. On Basse-Terre Island, Parc National de la Guadeloupe encompasses Carbet Falls and the volcano La Grande Soufrière. Smaller islands include Marie-Galante and La Désirade.
The youth center that Ride In manages is located in Grande Terre (1014 Route du 14 Fevrier 1952, Blanchet 97111 Morne à l’Eau).
The participants will be accommodated in shared rooms or bungalows (10, 6, 3 or 2 people per room) & toilets are shared.
The youth center can host 32 people. The accommodation is quite simple so please don’t expect hotel or luxury conditions. More info here.
NOTE: Please take your towels and shampoo with you. Also, bring any medication that you use.
Since we’re sharing a common space in Guadeloupe for 6 days, we expect everyone to contribute to making it a successful and lively experience, indeed some cleaning is required for the common areas. There will be a division, where each group is responsible for a specific day’s care task.
Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will be arranged by Ride In at the youth center or at the venue, when we will be organising activities outside. Please feel this form, so we can ensure we know in case of allergies, intolerance or similar.
The Youth Center is surrounded by green area and it also has a domestic farm. We ask you to act respectful towards the nature & towards the animals and belongings at the property. The Youth Center is plastic free place, so ensure that you have your reusable water bottle with you.
As we will be dividing often in small groups and we will be doing interviews around the Island, please if you have one, bring your driving license with you.
In Guadeloupe – what to bring?
What to bring?
- A refillable bottle for water
- At least 1 laptop per national group
- There will be different moments to share our different cultures & traditions, you may bring light objects that can represent your country, as souvenirs or snacks. Please don’t bring alcohol as there are also minors in the groups
- We expect the weather to be as cold as 28° Make sure to have appropriate clothing! Such as flip flops, swimwear, hat/cap, sunglasses, rain jacket. But also: Sunscreen, spray against mosquitoes (very important)
- Lots of sun cream
- Any medicines you may use
- Pocket money-the currency is EUR & cards are accepted, but in the small typical shops they are not widely accepted
- Travel insurance – EU citizens/residents need to have their European Health Card (for the Italians this should be on the back of your health card, for the French you need to ask it from Ameli website). Please note: Entering mainland France from Guadeloupe does not require testing. But it might be needed for your destination country. The participant also needs to fully respect the health protocol imposed by the authorities at the time of the YE. These safety measures will be introduced on arrival at the venue. Besides, the participants acknowledge that taking part in such a social gathering involves the risk of catching COVID19, and in such cases have the means (or insurance) covering the additional stay to quarantine if being positive for the virus. Besides our hard work, we cannot recommend any particular insurance
- Information about your community, sustainability, podcasts, green practices, youth engagement in decision making processes
- Good mood, ideas and lots of energy!
Implemented by EDUACTIVE, EmPower, Ride In 971, LEAD & VITATIIM